Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Info: About VAC2

VAC2 or Valve anti cheat is a anti cheat tool in operation on call of duty: modern warfare 2. I am going to inform you about a fewq tricks that Valve engines have up their sleeves.

1. VAC is a delayed banning system. This means that you dont know what hack got you banned. The ban usually occurs 2 weeks after you first used the cheat/hack.
    2. VAC bans are permanent. This means that once you are banned, the ban will never be lifted...EVER!
    3. VAC does not ban from evidence. Because VAC is an automated computer system, you CAN NOT be banned from video/screenshot footage. So ignore all the little script kiddies saying that they will send video evidence of you to Valve.
    4. VAC bans are shared between games and are based on STEAM_ID's. This means that if you get VAC banned on another steam game, then you will be banned on all VAC protected games on that steam account.
    5. To get rid of a VAC ban, create a new Steam account and re-purchase the game.

Thanks for reading this.
    Sticky Please.

Re: Info: About VAC2

Also here's some more random information about it xD
    • cheats may be hidden inside otherwise legitimate mod or skin downloads that are created to maliciously get innocent people banned. Since the source of a cheat installed on a computer cannot be proven, bans due to this are never rescinded.
    • While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.
    • :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
    • There are some things people often blame or think is true about VAC. Most are false. Below are facts, not Myths ...

* Winamp or HLamp (a plugin for winamp) DO NOT get you banned.
      * Using buy scripts, or any other cfg file script will NOT get you banned.
      * Custom skins, sounds, etc. WILL NOT get you banned. However some custom skin packs also have cheats installed. Be VERY careful about what you are installing before you install it.
      * Microsoft Windows Service Patch 2 won't get you banned.
      * VAC does NOT scan your hard drive
      * VAC does not exist to make Valve money, but rather because players said they wanted Valve to do something about cheaters.
      * People on servers or server admins can't get you banned on all VAC enabled servers.
      * Modified versions of maps (clear walls, etc.) do NOT get you banned. If you can connect to a server with a map, it's fine.
    Nobody knows for sure how VAC works or when it updates. What we do know is that the updates are automatic, without warning, and that users start to get flagged for a hack/cheat very shortly after VAC has been updated.

VAC2 Status Information:

* VAC2 Proof
    A VAC2 proof hack is not detected by VAC. It will not cause a VAC ban. Therefore you can use the hack on VAC-secured servers. Remember, VAC2 proof hacks don't stay VAC proof forever!

* VAC2 Detected
    A VAC2 detected hack is detected by VAC. It will cause a VAC ban. Therefore the hack should ONLY be used on insecure servers. That is servers that don't have VAC enabled.

* Unknown
    A unknown hack could possibly be VAC detected. It may cause a VAC ban. Therefore the hack should ONLY be used on insecure servers. Use at your own risk!

If your account has been banned by the VAC system for cheating, there are several important considerations:

Steam Support cannot remove the ban on your account.
    Regardless of whom was using your account at the time it was banned. The use and security of your Steam account is your responsibility.

The details of the ban will not be provided.
    Steam Support will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place.

Your account may still be used to play on unsecured servers.
    Your account may still be used to play single-player games, or to connect to non-secure game servers and for games played over a LAN. To find non-secure servers, please change your filter settings in the server browser list to show servers which are not VAC-secured (from the Steam main menu go to the View option, select Servers and then select "Not secure" in the Anti-Cheat drop-down).

Deleting an account will not release its CD Key(s) to be used on other accounts. It is recommended that you not register retail products or purchase new Steam subscriptions on your banned account.

If you choose to purchase a new copy of the game, please register it or install it under a newly-created Steam account. Prior to installing, remove all cheats from your system - if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a fresh installation of your operating system.

I highly recommend that you don't cheat on COD MW2 unless you play on non-secure VAC servers /non VAC servers

If you are banned by VAC on CS:S you wil NOT be banned on CoD:MW2 they ban by game engine not by steam_id or steam account.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutioN View Post
    If you are banned by VAC on CS:S you wil NOT be banned on CoD:MW2 they ban by game engine not by steam_id or steam account.
    what are you on about??
    They do ban by steam_id or steam account

it's true you do get banned by game engine and steam id's cause im banned from cs:s and team fortress 2 but not mw 2 soo i dont know it's both i guess:cross:

Quote Originally Posted by ryanl809 View Post
    it's true you do get banned by game engine and steam id's cause im banned from cs:s and team fortress 2 but not mw 2 soo i dont know it's both i guess:cross:
    Same here, my CSS account is banned, but i can still play MW2

Quote Originally Posted by Untouch View Post
    what are you on about??
    They do ban by steam_id or steam account
    I am talking about the fact that if your banned in one game on your steam account you wont be banned on another unless it uses the same engine, so saying they (VAC) ban your account or your steam_id (which is your ACCOUNT) completely is misleading.

AFAIK the only games that ban by steam_id are the ones developed by Valve (CS:S) in CoD:MW2 they ban your cdkey.

Obviously my post wasn't worded in such a simple manner so that everyone could understand, or my explanation wasn't very good, i deeply apologize.

zzzzz

vac has changed theyre practices the delays arent in place its hours now instead of days i played yesterday afternoon on a new steam account that ic reated right before playing with an ew install and the bot from codhacks.com by r4z8r and within 12 hours i was banned from vac servers with cheat detected so its no longer that long of a delay with them!

Quote Originally Posted by unknowncomic View Post
    vac has changed theyre practices the delays arent in place its hours now instead of days i played yesterday afternoon on a new steam account that ic reated right before playing with an ew install and the bot from codhacks.com by r4z8r and within 12 hours i was banned from vac servers with cheat detected so its no longer that long of a delay with them!
    ok for silly people like this who don't understand, they delay bans once they first detect a hack, they wait weeks to catch as many people as possible then bang they start banning.
    If you use the hack after they started banning then you will be banned very quickly
    It's a delayed ban for when VAC first detect a hack

Exclamation Re: Info: About VAC2

Quote Originally Posted by Untouch View Post
    ok for silly people like this who don't understand, they delay bans once they first detect a hack, they wait weeks to catch as many people as possible then bang they start banning.
    If you use the hack after they started banning then you will be banned very quickly
    It's a delayed ban for when VAC first detect a hack
    Thats a lie!
    VAC2 bans at random time spaces after using the hacks, this means that unless only 1 hack was used, the info about which hack is detected that you used is unknown.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast