Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!

Re: Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by theguy View Post
    Yes. The home edition is completely FREE. Just obtain a code from their website to register it for 1 year. Thereafter, do the same. Click on link below. (You don't really need Internet gaurd, as Windows has a very good Firewall.)

Register avast! Free Antivirus

Fill it in and they will e-mail you the registration number.

... and voala...
    Ok i did but what do you mean well ok i already installed avast internet Security trail version do i install antivirus one or is this key for internet Security?

The key will be for the Avast Home (Free Edition). It also has a decent firewall that comes with it. My Avast stopped a bunch of attacks, as did my Windows Firewall. I might ad that I have no spyware on my pc. Take my word for it. I've been using Avast for years now. Install Avast Free edition and uninstall the Internet Security. You already have windows firewall (internet security) and that updates on a regular basis.

Sometimes when I download something, Avast will stop the download and inform me that there is a type of virus attached to it. Avast Free edition really helps.

If you have Win7 (64bit), your Windows firewall comes with a spyware detector aswell.

for even more protection you could downloading Spybot - Search & Destroy is also free but a little bit harder to use since you need to protect your browser every week and every week you need to updating it after update you need to protect your browser again.
    but dont use from the program the tool tea Timer ( its just annoying )

Hey, will this work? I'm not sure if this is it please look at it theguy or King-Orgy if you know what he talking about.(King-Orgy) Please help me Thanks guys. avast! Home Edition Freeware - free software download and software review - anti-virus scanner from SnapFiles

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior5000 View Post
    Hey, will this work? I'm not sure if this is it please look at it theguy or King-Orgy if you know what he talking about.(King-Orgy) Please help me Thanks guys. avast! Home Edition Freeware - free software download and software review - anti-virus scanner from SnapFiles
    Yea that's the one I meant, it's completely free. Probably the best legally free AV you can find.

Yeah. I agree with "Brave" that is the free version. The latest one. Just download it and install it, and get the registration key (which I think you already have). That's all you need. You already have a Windows firewall, so uninstall that internet security. Avast will look after you.

Oh i was just wondering my friend has this one thing and is this better then avast? heres link http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor-antivirus/
    (lol, sorry i'm not expert on this stuff)

Super Moderator

Never heard of it before. Found this on a review:
    PROS

• Great interface
    • User-friendly explanations
    • Relatively short scan times

CONS

• Noticeable performance hit
    • Could be more proactive
    • Installs Google toolbar
    Btw it costs $40.