Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    User Admin rttnPIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,721

    Overclocking i7 920

    Ive overclocked my i7 920 up to 3.8, its very stable but everytime I switch my pc on I see this screen.

    http://img851.imageshack.us/i/img0105z.jpg/

    Wtf does that look like that?

  2. #2

    Re: Mobo bug

    dit you mean that bios logo?
    its normal.

    well 3.8ghz is not many and should not make any problems only if your ram can not handle it
    dit you oc via fsb or cpu multi?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: Mobo bug

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Orgy View Post
    dit you oc via fsb or cpu multi?
    Via FSB, 920's multiplier is locked at 21 (or 20, not 100% sure).

  4. #4
    User Admin rttnPIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,721

    Re: Mobo bug

    21

    BB, didnt you have a i7? Got it overclocked? If so could you post your voltages (all) and overclocked settings?

  5. #5

    Re: Mobo bug

    Quote Originally Posted by rttnPIG View Post
    21

    BB, didnt you have a i7? Got it overclocked? If so could you post your voltages (all) and overclocked settings?
    http://aimbots.net/hardware/22651-ev...tml#post189030
    but i heard it was instable for him ( gay VPU recover )

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: Mobo bug

    Quote Originally Posted by rttnPIG View Post
    BB, didnt you have a i7? Got it overclocked? If so could you post your voltages (all) and overclocked settings?
    Yea, I got the 930. Though at the moment I have it at stock clocks cause it was probably getting too hot with the OC.
    I had 4.0GHz at 1.3V. Mine's a D0 so if yours is a C0 it will probably need higher voltage to reach near 4GHz.
    It was 90% stable, in normal use I had no problems but with some games (NFS...) I got the BSoD. For some reason NFS (Carbon etc.) heated my system and games with far more superior graphics got no problems.
    Never had time to run any stressing software for a day so I just restored stock clocks. Also one of the reasons was the fact that my radiator's fan was at 100% speed all the time and with stock clocks this ASUS tool automatically changes the fan speed and also raises the FSB by a bit in Turbo mode.

    Btw what cooling you got?

  7. #7
    User Admin rttnPIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,721

    Re: Mobo bug

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveBeast View Post
    Yea, I got the 930. Though at the moment I have it at stock clocks cause it was probably getting too hot with the OC.
    I had 4.0GHz at 1.3V. Mine's a D0 so if yours is a C0 it will probably need higher voltage to reach near 4GHz.
    It was 90% stable, in normal use I had no problems but with some games (NFS...) I got the BSoD. For some reason NFS (Carbon etc.) heated my system and games with far more superior graphics got no problems.
    Never had time to run any stressing software for a day so I just restored stock clocks. Also one of the reasons was the fact that my radiator's fan was at 100% speed all the time and with stock clocks this ASUS tool automatically changes the fan speed and also raises the FSB by a bit in Turbo mode.

    Btw what cooling you got?

    Noctua NH-D14, its a freaking beast. I got from 2.6 to 3.8 and max temp is 65 (using prime95)

    Should I keep CPU pll voltage, qpi/dram core voltage, IOH voltage, IOH PCIE Voltage, ICH Voltage, ICH PCIE Voltage and DRAM Bus voltage as AUTO???

  8. #8

    Re: Mobo bug

    Quote Originally Posted by rttnPIG View Post
    Should I keep CPU pll voltage, qpi/dram core voltage, IOH voltage, IOH PCIE Voltage, ICH Voltage, ICH PCIE Voltage and DRAM Bus voltage as AUTO???
    changing voltage is always highly risk because it steals a few years of the hardware live.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •