Need Advice On Bans! B3 (BigBrother) Bot.

I was banned from a server, attempted to re-enter and sure enough, "Banned" appeared on the center of the loading screen (not the one with the respective map picture). 2 hours later, after having obtained a new IP, I attempted to re-enter the server again, and I made it to the map loading screen, entered the server but was automatically kicked and banned by their B3 (BigBrother) bot.

How does that work? Did they add me to some sort of ban list or something? I had a new IP, so why did b3 ban me? I've heard of something called a wide ban, where they ban several similar IPs. Is this correct?

How do you guys work around all that? Would I have to change not only my IP but my MAC address as well?

Would appreciate some advice, guys.

Thanks.
    Regards.

Re: Need Advice On Bans! B3 (BigBrother) Bot.

You are using the same qkey what is the main identity. Rename it to something else or if you dont care delete the file. A new qkey file will be made at the start. Together with a new IP, you are unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    You are using the same qkey what is the main identity. Rename it to something else or if you dont care delete the file. A new qkey file will be made at the start. Together with a new IP, you are unbanned.
    It still says I'm banned on a few servers.

Could it possibly be that they somehow banned multiple IPs by range or something? I deleted the qkey file and rebooted my router/modem, so it should've worked.

Any chance that they can still keep me banned, even if I have a new qkey file and IP address? How do they do it?
    Last edited by lolzorsaurus; December 20th, 2013 at 06:45.

Yes, they probably have banned a complete IP range (C class)