Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Live support

Re: Live support

I didn't really ment the parmetres that i wrote it was an example.
    I meant it might be even 3 shifts or more its will decided..so..just a thought.
    Currently working on a RPG.

http://crusher.megabyet.net -RPG Develop BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Insania View Post
    Rather suggest something like a notify.
    Like 10 people could be idle there and
    when someone requests help it would
    notify the helpers. (sound & color or sth)
    What you suggest sounds like work and I doubt anyone would do it 24/7.
    That program makes a sound when someone needs help, so you just let it on. You can game whilst u are there, when you hear the sound you just minimize, help and go back to the game. Its a great piece of work

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotch View Post
    The idea is great, if it's possible I would really support it.

However live support goes with expenses, since there needs somebody to be on there for quite some time. In the
    beginning those people will be there but after a while I gues it's annoying for them.

Maybe we should promote our irc more. IRC is free too, easy to use and when you use Opera (like me) it's inbuild.
    Im up for it and im sure more will, irc is okay but its not as good as this thing. When you need help you choose the problem you go and it goes to either one departament or another. THis also allows you be iddle and when someone requests help it makes a noise. Im sure that if this is implemented it will be great. This is a "fast" help support, no need to install anything like IRC or opera.Just a click on the help banner

Comeon guys..

good idea though

Um...yeh I like the sound of it.
    As it would be free (I hope!) basically I think the best system would just be to ask everyone who can to be online + available through the program. Each respected coder, for example, could be in charge of a section, eg. if null and crx did it, they might be in charge of clienthook help (just an example!) and if other people could not solve it they could pass it onto null. Especially not having to use irc is good, so like browser-built is very useful.
    Notifications is probably very useful too though, allowing you to do whatever you normally would, but pick up the reply instantly.
    A system whereby if someone had a problem, someone who knew how to fix it could flag it as 'his' (or 'hers') would also be good. So people don't spend all their time reading posts when another person already knows how to fix that sort of thing.
    Someone who needed help could either post it out generally (no notifications to anyone) or to a specific user/group of users/forum, in which case notifications could be given, especially if it was, for example to a group of users, whereby the 'helper' could say - 'I can't/won't fix this problem' and the next person in the chain would be notified of the problem.
    I think a fair number of people would use it if it was properly announced etc etc. Maybe just during the holidays? I don't know what proportion of CU's users are kids but it must be a fair number - especially the majority of users that just download hacks and don't post stuff.

Thanks, Nosferatu (means Vampire)

It's a nice idea, but I good a few remarks:
    Actually the same reasons I prefer handling problems on the forum than in pm:

- When problems are posted on the forum, everyone is able to answer them, not just those in charge of that section of the live help
    - It takes a LOT (& I mean a LOT a LOT) more time to provide live support. It would require many hours a day.
    - I don't know for the other members of staff, but I'm always on for very short periods of time.: usually a couple of minutes, make a few replies & am back to my work. When providing live support, you'll have to be active on fixed hours.
    - I always combine replying to posts with many other activities, but when providing live-support: in those fixed hours, you can't do anything else.
    - There is a reason why there are stickies, why there are guides, tutorial, movies... Would we provide live support, we'd often have to direct members to those or copy-paste them for them, which is a plain waste of time.
    - Forum posts, stickies, ... can be read by everyone. It is very likely one experiences the exact same problem as another member. Both members (a probably more) can thus be helped simultaneously.
    - Another thing would be how to organise it & how to get the needed personnel. I estimate, we would need about 20 times more people then we do now.
    - If help is required, it's sufficient to just post & wait for a reply. Many people read new posts, so no need to notify staff about it.
    - Since you suggested coders: Coders & admins in here are generally quite busy members, I doubt any of them will find the time day after day.

Sorry for only stating disadvantages, the advantages are minor & obvious.

But since many seem enthousiast:
    What would be possible however, if there are volunteers, we could host a live section at let's say 2 specific times of the day & the log would be posted should it be interesting to others.

Very, very good thoughts Firecracker..

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    But since many seem enthousiast:
    What would be possible however, if there are volunteers, we could host a live section at let's say 2 specific times of the day & the log would be posted should it be interesting to others.
    That does sound like a good idea..

I'll sign up for the job..

I sign up for the job too, forum covers nearly all of the questions. But some guys are only here for downloads and they never post, maybe they preffer to CLick the image than posting on the forum, Im sure this will go out properly, about coders and admins on the live support i dont think its a good idea like u said before because they are quite busy. But ofc, if they got free time and they feel like doing this part job they can The helpers need to be friendly and have a knowleage in nearly all the sections. I think this can go out very well, but this will indeed give work to those that want to get involved in cU.
    Hope this goes out

Oh and I suggest for only respected members (Donators, coders, mods, admins, designers, etc..) can get this job..

Unless you do really good things for cU and you don't have a job, you should not get this job...

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Oh and I suggest for only respected members (Donators, coders, mods, admins, designers, etc..) can get this job..

Unless you do really good things for cU and you don't have a job, you should not get this job...
    I doubt it has to be a: (Donators, coders, mods, admins, designers, etc..) As you menchent...
    There are alot of smart and Intelliget and even respected..members,that can be found here.
    And can help in that kind of job.
    Since i have alot of free time laltly i might help in this project.
    Currently working on a RPG.

http://crusher.megabyet.net -RPG Develop BLOG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast