Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: [FAQ] How To Become A Coder Overnight

I love you Kobject?
    Very well written.

Excellent read for sure. Its true about the need to be dedicated, you realise that the further you go into things... you find something and it requires reading and research to move past and understand. Spent the last 6 months doing Java and finally I am at a stage where uni are going to let us loose on some C and C++ next semester. Awesome post and some very helpful hints there for people who are new comers

Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks for reminding me about java, bbq. I forgot to include it in the list, it certainly deserves a high place among OO languages (some say java is the only true OO language - lets not get into that )
    You'll find Java and C++ to be quite similar. But be cautious, C++ does not have garbage collection and it took me a while to fully realize (after being used to basic) that C/C++ is really nuts and bolts stuff.

xHalt's signature summarizes it nicely

Random bump for hitchikers guide to the galaxy reference

nice 1 alott of people can really learn from u and i respaect that

Yup very nice indeed, though I have to disagree with your views on C# and the .NET Framework Granted it's not for low level work as they're very high level almost interpreted languages when you use the .NET Framework, however for applications, it is more than suffice, shortens development time and increases compatibility between platforms.

But I have to forgive you, you're a linux user arn't you?
    whiteLight: ET, whiteLight: Quake Live (Formerly QLHook) and many other game hacks at http://whitelight.me.uk/

Lightbulb Re: [FAQ] How To Become A Coder Overnight

Well your point of view totally sucks balls kobject.
    People should help each other !!!!!!!.
    \o/ \o/

Quote Originally Posted by lolxx View Post
    Well your point of view totally sucks balls kobject.
    People should help each other !!!!!!!.
    /removed the huge size-tag.

Don't think you really got what he said. Kobject is one of the most helpful people I know and you may not realize, but he's doing all those who are eager to become coders a favor.
    Current coders get bugged a LOT, where 95% of the pms/emails/msn chats they receive are from people who believe they can learn how to code in 5 seconds, without any effort from their part. Since coders are only humans too, the more annoyed they get by ignorant people bugging them with silly questions, the less likely they will help others in general, thus also the ones that do understand what it takes & are willing to make an effort.
    By making a post like this, he hopes to inform the public & convince it takes a huge effort to learn how to code & decrease that 95 percentage, thus increasing their time & patience available to spent on those people who got what it takes to become a coder.

A great FAQ jmpnop! I just had that book delivered to me today and perhaps after quite a few months or indeed a year of developing in C I may branch out into C++ or try and develop hacks for *nix in C reading ETH for tips and help and of course GPL my work even if I borrow nothing from ETH myself from nixcoders.org the so claimed only *nix cheating community, I believe it's at version 1.5 now, perhaps more advanced when you first looked at jmpnop. Well anyway thank you for the noob deterrent FAQ, although perhaps it's main purpose is to scare away noobs it's also a good source of information imho. Thanks.

lol this thread made me relise i don't wanna be a coder ill just stay a leecher

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast