Elders Online

muppetalert

Coders
This is a game I made years ago in PHP, it's built terribly and I'm not even sure at what stage it was at... It was kindof a text-based RPG game, pretty cool to play really but as with everything I do I never have time to maintain it. Luckily this was before I had a business + other commitments so development did progress extremely far.

Anyway, the site's down for a long time now, and the database has been completely destroyed - however - if anybody has sufficient PHP/MySQL knowledge to be able to continue the project from it's current state (see below) then post here and I'll choose someone (if there's any interest...) to manage the project on 08/06/09.

What's Involved
As mentioned above, I only have the source code and no database. You will need to be able to work through the current code and be able to reconstruct a database design from it, of course I'll be able to help out on MSN/Email if needed, but I'd rather have little involvement in this.

You'll need to be extremely knowledgable in PHP/MySQL to decipher the crap code that I made when I was 15. This was the second ever PHP thing that I made so it's messy as hell like so:
PHP:
function get_stats($username) {
	$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "elders", "SDT3uvG");
	if(!$link) {
		$ret = "FAIL";
		return $ret ;
		die();
	}
	mysql_select_db("eldersonline_net", $link);
	$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = '".$username."' LIMIT 1");
	$ret = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql);
	return $ret;
}
function usersonline() {
	$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "elders", "SDT3uvG");
	if(!$link) {
		$ret = "FAIL";
		return $ret ;
		die();
	}
	mysql_select_db("eldersonline_net", $link);
	$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM loggedusers");
	$ret = mysql_num_rows($sql);
	return $ret;
}

Why revive it
It was an awesome little project and I don't want it to die.

What's in it for me
Well that's down to you. If you decide to continue coding it then revive the "power player" option that removes advertisements n stuff.

Legal Shit
Since another game will be built around the same name you'll be required to give full (real) details and sign an NDA/NCA (for the source) as it will remain a commercial project and naturally you won't be allowed to run off with the source/name/code..