Port Forwarding for Blizzard Battle.net Games

chevy

I found this information when I had trouble hosting games on Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Since there is no "Blizzard" game section I thought I would put them all in starcraft.

Diablo, Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, and StarCraft:
Allow port 6112-6119 TCP and UDP out and in

Diablo II:
Allow port 6112 TCP out and allow established sessions in
Allow port 4000 TCP out (realm games)
Allow port 4000 TCP out and in (hosting open games only)

Warcraft III:
Allow port 6112 TCP out and allow established sessions in
Allow port 6112 TCP in (hosting custom games)
Allow port 6113-6119 TCP out and in (hosting custom games if you've changed the default port in the Options/Gameplay screen)

uberLeet

It's strange that SC and WCIII are categorised under the same ports, because I can host on WCIII fine but on SC I can't.

null

VIP
I think there is something more to hosting then just ports, because I actually opened every port and turned off my firewall to try to host for someone and no matter what they couldnt join.

uberLeet

I think there is something more to hosting then just ports, because I actually opened every port and turned off my firewall to try to host for someone and no matter what they couldnt join.

Well my router came with ports preset for most games, and you just enable a game off the list and you should be able to host, I did that for WCIII and it worked fine, but for games like Counterstrike source (yea i tried the dedicated server thingy, not the "create server" option) and Starcraft it didn't work even after I did this.